From version 3.1, a shipping type dedicated to shipping by Mondial Relay is available in WooCommerce: it is the “Mondial Relay Officiel” type. It will allow you to choose the Mondial Relay delivery method (Point Relais, home delivery, …), to enter the pricing according to the weight of the cart, to offer delivery above a specific amount and to set up a packaging tare by weight.
You can also use WooCommerce’s native shipping method types to give fixed prices (Flat Rate, Free Shipping) or add another plugin to have more possibilities, such as managing the price according to a product category, product size, etc
1. Setting up with the “Mondial Relay Officiel” method
After installing the Mondial Relay plugin for WordPress, the new shipping type “Mondial Relay Officiel” is automatically added in your backoffice:
All you have to do is fill in the elements of this shipping method by following the different indications:
- Nom : name of the shipping method that your customers will see on the site when making a purchase.
- Afficher le logo : if checked, displays the Mondial Relay logo on your site in front of the shipping method name.
- Description additionnelle : this data is optional and allows you to add a text under the name of the shipping method on your site (for example “delivery within 3 working days”).
- Offrir la livraison à partir de ce montant (optionnel) : if an amount is entered in this box (for example 100), then the delivery costs will be offered to the customer if the total amount of his cart exceeds this amount (here above 100 €). Leave this field blank if you do not wish to use this option.
- Nom si la livraison est offerte : This data is also optional and can only be used if the free delivery option is used. In this case, you have the possibility to change the name of the shipping method when the shipping costs are offered (e.g. “Free delivery at a relay point”).
- Mode de livraison Mondial Relay : This parameter allows you to specify the type of Mondial Relay delivery used (relay point, home delivery, …). To be able to use one of these modes, your Mondial Relay pro contract must allow it.
Once you have entered these parameters, all you have to do is enter your rates:
In the first column of the table, the Mondial Relay weight limits are entered by default (from 0 to 30 kg). If you wish, you can modify this by deleting lines or adding new ones. However, the weights entered must always be increasing, from the smallest to the largest.
In the second column of the table, you have the option of entering a packing weight for each weight limit. If you do not wish to specify a packing weight, simply leave this field blank. The packing weight is added to the basket weight before the price is calculated. For example, if the basket weighs 0.950kg and the packaging weight is 0.100kg, the shipping rate will be calculated on the basis of 1.050kg (which gives €4.09 excluding VAT in our example above). This cumulative weight will be used automatically to create the Mondial Relay shipment.
In the third column of the table, you must enter the shipping rate to be applied for the corresponding weight limit. You are free to enter the rates you wish, whether they are exactly the same as in your Mondial Relay contract or not, depending on your pricing policy.
Once this shipping method is registered, it will be displayed to your customers.
2. Setup with standard WooCommerce methods
WooCommerce offers three types of shipping methods: Flat Rate, Free Shipping and Point of Sale.
The “Point of Sale” method is not adapted to be used with the plugin because it corresponds to a withdrawal by the customer in a fixed place (which can be your shop, your home, etc…).
The “Free Shipping” method works with the plugin and allows you to set specific rules for it to be offered to your customers (cart amount, promo code). You can find the details of this option in the dedicated WooCommerce documentation at the following page: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/free-shipping/
The “Flat Rate” method is the method to use to set a fixed price for your shipping. It should be noted that modulations of the price can be implemented by using the Delivery Class system provided by WooCommerce and which allows you to have a different cost depending on the products in the cart. You can find the details of this option in the dedicated WooCommerce documentation at the following page: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/flat-rate-shipping/
3. Setting up with an additional plugin
If you want to manage the shipping price according to more advanced criteria than the weight of the cart, you will need an additional plugin to add this possibility. Here is the list of plugins that allow you to modulate the shipping price according to different criteria with which our plugin is compatible at this time:
- Flexible Shipping => https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/flexible-shipping/
- Jem Table Rate Shipping => https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-easy-table-rate-shipping/
- OIK Weight Zone Shipping => https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/oik-weight-zone-shipping/
- Weight Based Shipping => https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/weight-based-shipping-for-woocommerce/
- Tree Table Rate (no free version) => https://tablerateshipping.com/
- WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping (no free version) => https://woocommerce.com/products/table-rate-shipping/
- Border Elements Table Rate Shipping (no free version) => https://bolderelements.net/plugins/table-rate-shipping-woocommerce/
To set up the prices in these different plugins, you must refer to the documentation of these different modules.